Eligibility & Renewal Requirements
The TOPPING SCHOLARSHIP is provided by the Norman Topping Student Aid Fund (NTSAF) at the University of Southern California (USC).
The purpose of the NTSAF is to assist students with high financial need who demonstrate an extraordinary level of community awareness in their pursuit of higher education at USC. First-generation college students and local area applicants are given primary consideration in the scholarship selection process. However, please note that the scholarship is not limited to these populations.
If you answer “yes” to all three questions, we encourage you to proceed with the Topping Scholarship Application Instructions below:
2. Do you have high financial need (expected family contribution less than $20,000)?
3. Do you demonstrate a strong community awareness and contribute to the betterment of a community through volunteer efforts?
The Topping Scholarship is renewable during the student’s tenure at USC by fulfilling all scholarship requirements which include maintaining a minimum USC cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (3.0 for graduate Scholars), continual full-time enrollment, full attendance at all NTSAF required events, and completion 20 hours of community service per semester. The Topping Scholar’s class standing and program of study determine the maximum number of semester of scholarship eligibility.
USC TOPPING SCHOLARSHIP
2020-2021 APPLICATION AVAILABLE DECEMBER 1st!
Freshman Applicants – TBD (~March 1)
Transfer & Graduate Applicants – TBD (~June 1)
Dear USC Topping Scholarship Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in the Norman Topping Student Aid Fund at the University of Southern California. Please review the following instructions before you proceed with our online application process:
1) The USC Topping Scholarship application consists of an online application, two letters of recommendation and an autobiography. Incomplete and/or late applications will NOT be reviewed. All components of the application must be submitted online by 11:59 pm PST on the appropriate scholarship deadline. Familiarize yourself with the Topping Scholarship application by reviewing our USC NTSAF Application Instructions. (Hint: understanding the selection criteria will help you when writing your autobiography.)
2) Identify two individuals who will write a letter of recommendation on your behalf. We suggest you contact your recommender directly to ensure their availability. When completing the application, you will be required to submit the contact information (name, position/title, organization/company, email address and phone number) for each recommender. An email will immediately be sent to each recommender giving them the opportunity to upload your recommendation letter to your scholarship file. These letters are also due by your application deadline.
3) You will be notified via e-mail after each recommender uploads his/her letter of recommendation. If you do not receive an email confirmation at least one week prior to the deadline, it is your responsibility to follow up with your recommender. Please note that both letters need to be submitted by 11:59 pm PST on the appropriate scholarship deadline.
4) You may save and update your scholarship application as many times as you would like. However, once you submit the application with your electronic signature your application is final and you will not be able to make any other changes.
5) You will receive a confirmation email when you submit your final application. This notice will time stamp your application and allow you to print a copy of your final application submission. Please print the confirmation for your records.
If at any time you have any questions regarding our online application process, please contact the NTSAF at (213) 740-7575 or email@example.com.